Re: Is there anybody there?

 But the problem with precompiled binaries is that distribution becomes
more complicated.  Now, you need to have binaries for many of those
systems (I bet just the active people on the mailing list would require
about half a dozen binaires), plus size and storage on systems.  Even
different operating systems may start to make things break

 One good first step would be to move the display to the client, and see
how much the load on the server is reduced.  If we can get crossfire servers
to be fairly lean on a cpu basis, then having a client that does most
everything is not needed.

 Also, re orginizing some of the source to make it quicker (and the
expense of some memory) may be useful.  Many people might be willing to
make that trade, as long as the memory cost is not too high and the speed
improvements gained are significant.

   Mark Wedel
master@rahul.net