Re: Skills!

In message <MM.770591338.13227.holmenkollen@ifi.uio.no>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn
_Georg_Ludvigsen?= writes:

> 'cast line 10 death 10 time 5
>
> 'cast ball 3 poison 10 trigger
>
>I think this idea is ENORMOUSLY GOOD. What do you think? It WOULD
>require a complete rewrite of the magic system, but it would make
>people use spells MUCH more creativly. I most totally love it.

  Uh, please imagine for a second what playing would be like.
Imagine typing all this garbage in while some monster is pounding
you.  JOY!

  What would happen is that everyone would bind a small subset
of these spells to keys.  This is fine, but what is the point?
Even as it is, people only use a small subset of the spells often.

  I like the idea a lot too, but crossfire is far too quick-paced
for this.....  It'd be adding a complicated feature which is mostly
unused.  Better to invest energy in a server-client split.

Regards,

PeterM