Re: Crossfire Metaserver

From: kjetilja@stud.cs.uit.no (Kjetil Jacobsen)

> I don't know if this has been up before, but anyway: What about making a
> crossfire MetaServer which keeps track of all running servers around the
> world.

I don't remember any discussion of metaserver before. And dynamically
adding every game in it wouldn't very useful, since in crossfire players
want keep their characters (compare to MUDs instead of XPilot).

> I think it would be very rewarding for the players, as it's a great
> success with XPilot.

The main reason for success with XPilot comes client/server -model
(suprise :). The first versions of xpilot worked same way than current
crossfire  (i.e using X). [Hmm, if I don't remember wrong, Frank has been
mentioned somewhere in XPilot credits also]

 -Tero