Re: Crossfire comments

> >  It does sort of make the game into knowing how much the various stuff
> > should weigh.  However, a character should also have this knowledge.
> > I don't know if there is good solution to this.
> >
> >  --Mark
> Two possible solutions:
> 1) + or - doesn't affect weight so you get no info at all.
> 2) make cursed items lighter as well, so a +2 sword weighs the same as a -2
> sword. `

	Another possibility:

	An unidentified item weighs the same as a nonmagical item.  When
a magical item is wielded or identified, it "activates" and drops in weight.
This could probably be put into the identify/wielding code.

	It might also be an interesting idea to put in nonmagical
versions of magic items (or magical but useless), such as "horn of trumpeting"
or "wand of pointing" - sort of along the lines of the "potion of apple juice"
that many of you know from charcell ("roguelike") adventure games.

	I'd also recommend that everyone take a look at "Omega", IMO
the best of the charcell adventure games.  Lots of great ideas in there
that are especially applicable to Crossfire, and it's available from a
comp.sources.games archive near you.

	I'd also love to see an on-the-fly map generator that could
take a bunch of tunable parameters, such as difficulty and terrain types.
(Omega mixes hand-designed maps and semi-randomly generated ones.)
Generated maps could use a special map naming syntax that would allow
easy encoding of the parameters and backwards compatibility.  The
generated maps could become permanent, stay temporary (great for sea,
sky, or similar places), or be cached.

	Definitely a wish list/blue sky item - just to get you thinking.

	Thanks to all the Crossfire workers!

				-- Matt @8^1