No Subject

>Problem in the Imakefile in ./server. We kept getting an error message
>about loop detected. In the other Makefiles BINDIR was /usr/bin/X11,
>but in server it was BINDIR = ${C_BINDIR} which was the loop...
>(Maybe it's (C_BINDIR), you get the idea. :)
>
>(We could have caused this, but maybe someone more knowledgable in Imakefiles
>can check it...

The problem comes from a statement that is generated if you define
HAVE_XPM and looks something like this.

XPM_DEFINES = ...			/* Initial decl. */
	.
	.
	.
XPM_DEFINES = $(XPM_DEFINES) ...	/* Post-initial decl. */

The problem is caused by the second statement which is detected
as an infinite loop, no so strange :-). A temporary way to fix it
is to put them on the same line. The author can fix it in a later
release.

Previous it looked something like this;

XPM_DEFINES = ...
	.
	.
	.
XPM_DEFINES += ...

which is legal for gnumake (I think) but other doesn't recognize it.

/Eneq