Re: Feature suggestion & more questions

> 	I totally agree with u. I was realy disappointed by releases 0.90.3
> and 0.90.4... People spend their time talking about minor changes but no new
> maps are added to the game...
> 	Here, we had done new maps and monsters (brittany maps) but they are
> only in the 0.90.1 map file and not in the following ones ??? I don't know
> why... So, we still play with the 0.90.1 release (more maps !!!)
>
> 	Are maps for the 0.90.1 and before still compatible with 0.90.4 ?
> If they are not, does a map-converter exist ?
> We are gonna try to install our britany maps and monsters in the 0.90.4 and
> send them again to ifi.
>
> 	They are still available in the incoming directory of crossfire at ifi.
> If they still work, u can use them : ...they are hard maps...

Ok, the old maps (being the ones before crossedit) had one problem:

Basically, many of the maps had very little thought in how much experience
was being made available by adding such things as 30 chineese dragons.

other maps had dragons mixed with devils, mixed with goblins, mixed with
big wizard, mixed with....etc etc..etc......with little thought on how all
these monsters got on the map...what are they all doing together? are they
buddies?????

What I'm trying to say is maps that make a player think.....have a storyline,
are much more interesting then the mindless killing....which is the main
object of many of the old maps........try to get some consistancey in your
maps.
They are put into the game so characters can scum experience.

That is why I threw out most of the maps in the old distribution here at chico.

That is not what I want the goal to be...at least at the Chico server..I
would much rather see people solving quests..........in the new maps do you
talk with the monsters????? A LOT of them do talk and I have seen it more then
once when a person who is just on a killing rampage..they manage to kill a
monster which is key to getting to other levels.......

I think if we want to get a better balance....perhaps we should make it harder
to advance levels.....ei....either make monsters worth less experience..or
make less monsters.

Tyler.