Re: Magic & Metal, was Re: fighters & magic

 But I don't know if saying that AD&D is the supreme game, and its reasoning
should thus be followed.  AD&D has a fairly strong class system,
while crossfire has a weak one.

 A better approach would be that casting spells require a certain
amount of hand and possibly body movement.  Wearing heavy armor, or
holding a shield, would make this very difficult to do.  Under this
reasoning, wearing light armor (robes, leather, maybe elvin chain) would
be ok, but heavier stuff would interfere.

 As a side note, for another game system that I played once, it was
ferrous based armor that caused problems (magnetism or something.)
But wearing copper or silver armor would be fine (except they offered
less protection and cost more money..)

 --Mark