Re: buttons/altars question

>   What exactly is a trigger_altar SUPPOSED to do?
> I see no difference in its behavior from a regular altar.

Probably, because there isn't any :). When I coded those trigger-
based gates/buttons/altars I didn't allow to connect trigger and
normal buttons to each other to avoid conflicts, but now they can
be used with each others. Note that trigger items are activated by
speed and normal items only when activated first time. To test this
make map and put there director_t (all fileds to 1) and normal and
trigger button (also connected to 1) and stand above the buttons to
see the difference.

>   What I'd LIKE a trigger altar to do is toggle state
> whenever someone dumps the requisite garbage on it.

Original altars were one-time-only on the purpose, but it makes
sense that trigger ones can be used many times (e.g. pay 2
platinacoins to enter inn). Is there anyone who wants to make
goldfloor looks better and change it type to trigger_altar?

>   Anyone object if I make this happen?  Will it break any maps?

I don't think so, altar_triggers didn't even worked the previous
release, they used other_arch instead slaying field :(.

>   I'd really love it if someone would fix this for me.

I haven't time to test, but it seems if you move altar->value test
from check_altar (button.c) to one level upper (apply() in apply.c)
it should work nicely.

Hopefully this helps, if not let me know and I try to look at it.

 -Tero