Please help -- Problems compiling on SGI

Having successfully compiled crossfire-0.90.{0,1,2,3,4}, I run
crossfire on an SGI running IRIX 4.0.5H.  Starting with 0.90.5
and again with 0.90.1 I ran into this problem:

cc -ansi -prototypes -cckr -float -I/usr/include -I../include -DSYSV
   -DMALLOC_0_RETURNS_NULL -DFUNCPROTO -DNARROWPROTO
   -DFONTDIR=\"/taz/jimdipalma/personal/crossfire/crossfire-0.91.0/fonts\"
   -DFONTNAME=\"crossfire\" -Dsgi -DLIBDIR=\"/taz/jim

ccom: Error: object.c, line 374: syntax error
        (void) memcpy((void *)((char *) op +offsetof(object,name)),
      ----------------------------------------------------^

Note that this is being compiled using Kernighan and Ritchie C, but also
occurs when I compile using the -ansi or -xansi flags (-cckr overrides
-ansi above).  Ansi compiles of crossfire have produced many warnings
of duplicate symbols and an executable that does not allow characters
to move.

I also have trouble getting '-DLONGJUMP -DXpm_Pix' into my compiles, but
added $(EXTRA_DEFINES) to DEFINES in crossfire.tmpl, server/Imakefile, and
client/Imakefile.

Other problems using the Imakefiles on IRIX will be enumerated once I
reconfirm them for 0.90.1 (ie. Concat, MakeDir, and NullParameter).

Thanks to all who send compiling suggestions,

			-jim