Classes

As long as everyone is on the subject of classes/races I might as well
put in my own 2 cents...

Okie, here's my idea...

Screw ALL classes.. Dump em, blast em, flush em, etc...

Instead, do this..

Let the player pick what he wants to be...
When they create their character, let them role their stats, then let
them custom design their class..

Pick their max stats/min stats, immunities, vulnerabilities, weapon use
ability, armour use ability, etc...

Of course, it will all have to equal out to zero.
 (or, maybee less than or greater than zero, but the ammount of exp needed
  to advance each level will be increased/reduced)
Maybee even pick what happens to their ac/wc each level they go up and
 hit points/mana....

 This will give the players the flexibility to design a character class
exactly to their specifications...

 Lets say they want to play the awesomest mage in the universe.. Well, they
may give themselves +10 to Int.. That will be ok... They just have to knock
off 10 points from  other stats (and that can really hurt).....

Though, we can't go making worthless stats then... (killing off charisma, etc)

 Immunities, protections, vulnerabilities, and such will each have a certain
positive or negative value.. So that awesome mage might choose to not be
allowed to wear armow instead of adding some or all of those -10 points to
other stats and maybee be vulnerable to some other thing....

 Also, all immunities need not be valued at the same...

 Immunity to say, fire, should cost more than immunity to drain and such
 (items can be found to provide immunity to drain, while no items can be
  found to provide immunity to fire)
 Same goes for the vulnerabilities.. Vulnerabiility to fire should be worth
 much mmore than vulnerability to draining since the same is true...
 (If your immune, I don't thhink being vulnerable does anything, though I
  could be wrong, and then you could ignore this example)

Well, thats my 2 cents about races/classes etc....

1 think I've noticed was nobody complained about charisma spells before you
could caast it multiple times and use cursed items to get it low so it
would go up more for cheaper.....

Maybee all charisma spells should be added to one item (every time you cast
a charimsa spell it adds say 100 to some sstrange variable in the item)
Then that item takes the value of the item + your charsima and figures out
how much to give you.. Then if your charimsa changes (eh, goes up) it re-
computes and thus youu get less charisma... Problem is to get the thing
to recompute the value when yourr other charisma items change...

Another thing about Crossfire and classes, is the way classes are done now
makes it unique.. You don't have to be STUPPID FIGHTER GUY if you started
out as one.. You can play your character howerver you want, without being
set by some guy who said Mages can't wear armor because, becuase, uh...it
interfears with their spell casting..  Ya, thats the ticket....
[So does that mean if you get enclosed in walls of iron you can't cast
spells? -- Hey, its Superman && Kryptanite.. Wee, sue Gary Gygax for
Copywrite Infringment] .....

I do agree that prepare weapon (and all its variants) can be pretty damn
powerfull, and after a certain point, money becomes pointless, and your
power is determine not by what class or how much money you have, but what
nifty artifacts you've found (bought)...
Oh thing is, Enchant Weapon scrolls are supposed to be effectively artifacts..
And thus should be rare... When wasas the last timne you found 35 holy avengers
or 35 Excaliburs? Should have the same chance to find 35 of those as to find
35 enchant weapon scrolls.. Things like that, if set in the map, should be
REALLY DAMN hard to get to... Killing 1 dragon doesn't cut it folks....
Once you have money, killing 1 dragon is easy (potion of fire resistance)
If you cast protection from attack, your effectively immune to the dragon
till they wear off ... And if you can't, just run around him...

Off the subject, is it just me, or do dragons breath a lot less than they
used too?? Now, I can kill a dragon with only being breathed on 1 time, while
before they would breath on my 10-20 times (in the same frame of time)...

*shrug*

Need some guidelines to say what you should HAVE to defeat to get certain
artifacts, or any artifact in general... I'm not saying that running
around a dragon (not a easy feat) Shouldn't be rewarded at all, but
by a Enchant Weapon scroll??? *shrug*

Well, I'm sure I'll think of something later....

--Huma