playing tips?

Does anyone have a collection of playing tips? Over the last 12 monsths or
so Crossfire has changed a lot. Some of the monsters have got much harder
to kill and pose a much more difficult threat. So if you've found a way
of smashing those skulls, wrecking those wyverns or hammering the hill
giants, why not let the rest of us know? We could build an "Adventurer's
Guide to Monsters", giving tips on what strategies are effective against
the creatures found in the Crossfire world.

My personal motivation for this is that skulls pose me much more of a
problem than they used to. My character is a 12th level barbarian,
and he's fairly well equipped with good armour, rings, rods of firebolt,
+4 sword etc. But if he finds a room of skulls it's almost impossible to
deal with them unless they stupidly come out of the room one by one (which
of course they don't). Before you could step into the room, fire a few
"large fireballs" from your trusty wand, and then you'd have a chance to
take a few of them out before you got confused and you had to hobble away
dodging all the spellfire. Now though, as they are immune to magical,
what do you do? Is there any way to take them on, or at least soften them
up at a distance?

So, any specific tips on the above to me, but general tips on how to tackle
your favourite monster should go to the list. Perhaps I'll collect them
together to form that "Guide" I mentioned earlier!

Happy hunting!

Sy

( web crossfire pages:  http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/Crossfire/ )

Simon N. McIntosh-Smith, PhD candidate    |  Email : Simon.N.Smith@cm.cf.ac.uk
Room M/1.36 Department of Computing Maths |  Phone : +44 (0)222 874000
University of Wales, College of Cardiff   |  Fax   : +44 (0)222 666182
PO Box 916, Cardiff, Wales, CF2 4YN, U.K. |  Home  : +44 (0)222 560522
       Http : http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk:/People/Simon.Smith.html