Re: Rewrite (was Re: Classes, Race, Experience proposal)

> In message <199405261657.JAA14437@soda.berkeley.edu>, Scott MacFiggen writes:
> >In message <199405260938.AA11203@bolero.rahul.net>you write:
> >>A lot of stuff needs to be cleaned up some, so it is easier to understand.
> >>And in fact, I think a lot of the code right now is in pretty good shape.
> >

> >>Also, any re-write teams needs to work pretty closely together.  Several
> >>people working separately probably won't generate anything better than what
> >>we have right now.
> >
> >	Well, there are quite a few people over here at Berkeley...
>
>   Lots of people here at Berkeley, yes.  We are:  smurf, mehlhaff, peterm,
> kenji, raytrace, john, retnuh, mlee, all at soda.  I'm not sure how many
> are actually committed to doing any real work with crossfire, however,
> and our programming abilities vary.  Personally, I'd rather see energy
> devoted to a server-client split rather than a cleaning.  From the silence
> about this split on the list, i can only assume it's being completely
> neglected.
>

> Regards,
>
> PeterM

I say we don't do any sort of rewrite unless it is part of
doing the client/server rewrite.  I think that a rewrite that
is not client/server is a complete waste of time.

I would love to start coding on the client/server, everyone here
at chico (prolly 5-6 good coders + 10 other not-so-good, and playtesters)
is on summer vacation and is WAITING to do the client/server. Isn't
somebody doing a client/server proposal? Or was tvangod lying to me?

How many of the berkeley guys can code this summer? peter? eric? (john? heh.)

How about the rest of the world (those of you outside northern california)?

Karim