Help with -m4 switch

Sorry for the long message but I am having some problems with Crossfire 0.91.1.
I can get it compiled fine and it runs, but I wanted to remake the spoiler
(my PS pritner can't handle the color graphics!!) and found that crossfire
with the -m4 switch crashes on me.

Here is a sample of the compiler command from the make, crossfire compile
options, and 'crossfire -m4' output.

gcc -fstrength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return  -O -g -Wall -I../include  -DDGUX
    -DSYSV -DLONGJUMP -DXpm_Pix -DFONTDIR=\"/gwdb/crossfire/fonts\"
    -DFONTNAME=\"crossfire\" -DLIBDIR=\"/gwdb/crossfire/lib\"     -c swamp.c

gisedtnnsh> crossfire -o
Welcome to CrossFire, v0.91.1
Copyright (C) 1994 Mark Wedel.
Copyright (C) 1992 Frank Tore Johansen.
Non-standard include files:
<stdlib.h>
<malloc.h>
<memory.h
<sys/timeb.h>
Secure:         <true>
Logging:        <true>
Libdir:         /gwdb/crossfire/lib
Perm file:      <LIB>/forbid
Shutdown file:  <LIB>/shutdown
Save player:    <true>
Save mode:      0664
Playerdir:      <LIB>/players
Save homedir:   <false>
Lock player:    <true>
Unique items:   <true>
Itemsdir:       <LIB>/unique-items
Lock items:     <true>
Use checksum:   <true>
Tmpdir:         /gwdb/crossfire/tmp
Fontdir:        /gwdb/crossfire/fonts
Compress:       /local/bin/compress
Uncompress:     /local/bin/uncompress
Map max timeout:        1000
Map reset:      <true>
Max objects:    6000
Use_calloc:     <false>
Speed_game:     <true>
Use_los:        <true>
CD los:         <true>
CHRFONT:        <false>
Use_swap_stats: <true>
Sound_effects:  <false>
Server:         <true>
Port:           13326
Explore mode:   <false>
Shop listings:  <true>
Max_time:       80000
dgux gisedtnnsh 5.4R2.01 USGS    AViiON mc88100

gisedtnnsh> crossfire -m4
Welcome to CrossFire, v0.91.1
Copyright (C) 1994 Mark Wedel.
Copyright (C) 1992 Frank Tore Johansen.
magic bullet
SIGSEGV received.
Abort
gisedtnnsh>

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Also, what is the latest
version of TeX and where can I get it.  I found TeX3.0 from 1990,
but the archive was missing style files and was a PAIN to install.
Surely it can't be that bad.

And, is there a file somewhere which describes what every spell
does, what is needed to do certain things like use the enchant
scrolls, etc... (Basically I want a newbie file.  I have played
crossfire since 0.89.0 but I feel I am missing ALOT as far as
actually understanding the game.

Thanks,

David.