Re: cf (0.91.5) - bug in comet spell (nasty)

In message <94Nov11.023039+0200_(eet).165466-1@utu.fi>, Tero Jyri Michael Pelan
der writes:
>Ok.  While playing with the comet spell I wondered how many of them it would
>take to kill a jessy.  I started testing this using the dm mode to
>create a test character.  What I found out was that
>  !!! when you have high enough level the initial impact from
>  !!! comet (weaponmagic attack) heals you!!!!
>
>For example at level 68 (int 30) it heals you 232 hitpoints.  At level 89 it
>heals about 200 hits.  This heal can push your hitpoints over the maxinum.
>Specially as there exists spell immunity to fire that will negate the
>secondary attack the players can pump up the hitpoints with this.
>
>Btw. my real crossfire character is at level 68.

Oh, how amusing.
I know exactly why.  The "damage" variable, dam, is a byte only, and think
it's signed or something.  So if it exceeds 127, it starts doing negative
damage.  I recommmend promoting the variable to int.

Regards,

PeterM