Re: crashes

 all the colors should be allocated at startup, when the images are
created.  Thus, the scenario of starting xv and entering a colorful map
should not crash the server.

 I don't think the XPM images deviate from the standard 28 colors.  I am
not 100% sure that there are no non standard colors used, but even if
there are, there are only a few.  So at most, it probably needs 35.

 Since most systems are 8 bit displays (At least), that means that
220 other colors are being used by other programs.

 But it shouldn't crash the server.  On the other hand, when the new
client/server stuff is completed, server won't deal with this at all.

 --Mark