Re: Lots of misc. stuff

In message <199411272336.AA28741@bolero.rahul.net>, Mark Wedel writes:

> Just a bunch more of my thoughts I would put out on the list.
>
>1: Artifacts:  Right now, there are two distinct types of artifacts,

>a ring if mithrandir, etc.)  And the disdavantage with the common artifacts
>is there is no way to control where they are placed - any amulet or ring
>coudl become something incredible.

That's not quite true....  On all the artifacts I made I used the
difficulty modifier to make sure that a good artifact isn't found
someplace easy.  You can at least force them to be found on hard maps.

> For the true artifacts, you at least have the random_artifact treasure
>you can put in.  So thus, you can put this at the end of a quest as a good
>reward.

How about this, a new treasure-generator which selects from the "common
artifacts" list.

> Perhaps have of the common artifacts should be made true artifacts?

I think it's a lot more straightforward to make common artifacts
than new archetypes.

>2: >armor & shield and beholder eye shield.)  I think this has several
>nice aspects - first, it means that it is possible for anyone to eventually

It'd be neat if there were more such conversions, and scrolls which
would improve other objects as well.

>3:...

Ghosthit should be fixed.  It is not really an attacktype, I guess.
Neither, really, is AT_CHAOS.  AT_CHAOS just causes the attacktype
OR'd with this object's attack to be changed randomly,
ghosthit makes the object disappear when it attacks.

AT_GHOSTHIT and AT_CHAOS are sort of convenient, however, probably
not worth the effort of changing.  I'd just make it so that
AT_GHOSTHIT couldn't do damage all by itself.

PeterM