Re: Misc thoughts.

> ACtually, the starting stats bonuses/penalties do determine the max for
>that stat (it is 20 + bonus).  Thus, a barbarian (with penalty 6 int I believe)
>can have a max int of 14 naturally.  Magical items can still raise it above
>this.

Why don't we make it a hard limit, so magical items are useful to boost
lower level characters but don't take you above the natural maximum for
that character type.

the current test limiting absolute maximum stats to 30 would limit to
30 + bonus - maxbonus (maximum bonus is currently 5 so the limit would be
25 + bonus including all magical enhancement).

Since the average starting stat is 15+bonus, you can increase the base stat by
up to 5 to 20+bonus, then using magic increase by another 5 to 25+bonus.

The point is to introduce some variety to high level characters, rather
than having them all at straight 30's for all effective stats.

regards Adrian