Eric & now Tero client-server 0.1

I've just finished putting yet another interim release of client
server stuff on ftp.ifi.uio.no:pub/crossfire/incoming/eric/0.1
this version includes improved map and stats stuff, the transmission
is much more efficient.  For semi-normal wandering around, you can
play at full speed.  I'm currently looking into making things even
more efficient; in particular, I would like to be able to play in the
dragoncave over 14.4 at 8fps.  Does anyone know of some other places
I can check out that are very map/info change intensive?
--
I've interegrated in some of Tero's initial work on the look and the
inventory window.  This makes it possible to actually play pretty
well, although there are still some bugs to be worked out.
--
The client has now been completely split apart from the server, there
is a separate distribution for the client and the server;