CROSSFIRE online sites?

Forwarded message:

> I hope this wasn't in a FAQ I missed or anything.  Are there any
> online sites where I can play CrossFire?  I have a DOS based PC,
> needless to say I can't run it on my machine.

Well, there's a (brief) list in the README, but it is not very useful
for U.S. 'netters.  As I recall, there are only two U.S. sites listed,
one of which (dartmouth) won't accept my connection attempts and the
other (berkeley) is VERY slow (and this was late on a Friday night, EST).
Admittedly, I did not download the fonts as they suggest, but I don't
think it would really help enough anyway.  Does anyone know if there are
other "secret" sites that aren't listed?  I would certainly be interested
(it's not as much fun playing by myself on my machine).  I am thinking
about setting up my own server (based in VA), but I will not be able to
do it until August.

BTW, if your DOS-based PC has an Ethernet 'net connection and you can
install Linux or BSD on it and run crossfire on it then.

-Michael