Re: Enchanting weapons

On Dec 14,  2:54pm, Karl Hagen Geppert wrote:
> Subject: Enchanting weapons
> G'day,
>
> We've been playing on a 0.92.1 server for a few weeks, and find great trouble
> with trying to use enchanted weapons.  Weapons that were usable in 0.92
server
> now are rendered unusable with the message 'this weapon is too powerful'.
> We have had characters go from level 20 to level 60 with significant
increases
> in power statistics, and they are still not able to use a weapon that has
been
> enchanted only a few times.  Is this deliberate or merely a miscalculation of
> stat's somewhere along the line?

 Well, this is because the power of weapons that a character can be used was
greatly changed.  2 things changed - first it uses your combat skill level
instead of overall level, and it uses that level divided by 5 +5 (ie,
(level/5)+5).  Thus, even a 60'th level person could only use a weapon
enchanted 17 times

> Also, if you enchant a weapon that you are wielding, there appears to be no
> checking done on the power of the weapon.  You can enchant your wielded blade
> to blazes (so to speak (and did someone say vorpal)), but if you unwield the
> weapon, it will not allow you to pick it up again.  Should you be forced to
> unwield the weapon once it becomes too powerful?  If so, could we please have
> some warning messages or a skill or something that lets us know when it is
> going to be too powerful.  This would save spendin unecessary amounts of
> platinum on our deux ex machinas (sic)

 It is suposed to not let you enchant a wielded weapon above what you can use.
 I got a patch for this that I believe will fix this again (I think the problem
was that in some areas, the check was for skill level, and other places it was
for overall level, which created inconsistencies).  So this will be fixed in
the next version

--
 --Mark