Re: Misc notes/thoughts.

>  Third:  Message output.  A few days ago, I think I said I would probably
> come up with something that would do paging.  But what someone just mentioned
> made a lot of sense - add a scrollbar.  Originally, it was my opinion
> that this is somethign that is better suited for the client (actually,
> it is still my opinion, but the client is going anyplace right now.)  I'll
> have to look at the code, and see how generic some of the scrollbar code
> is, and if it isn't very generic, make is so.  I guess things will also be
> a little funky between scroll vs wrap (wrap is still useful, because scrolling
> can take a bit of time/bandwidth if you are getting a lot of messages,
> while wrap takes very little, so there is reason to keep in place.)  Any
> suggestions/thoughts on this?
>
>  Thats all.
>
>  --Mark

I you haven't played netrek, I would suggest looking at the netrek
client code (BRMH client) to check out the messaging system.  It works
very well, uses scrollbars, and has a good interface to it.  Messages
from teh server would work well and can be colorized, and messages
between players and parties could also be done well using a netrek
like messaging system.

http://www.factoryx.com  should give you a pointer to where UNIX clients
are if you want to check it out.

Karim