Re: Spoiler generation (was Re: reading books)

On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Mark Wedel wrote:

>  However, web pages are something that each site keeps up to date.  As of now,
> there is no standard set of html documents that people can just set up a site
> with - each site that has been set up has been a custom job (or the information
> grabbed from other sites.)
>
>  That said, it is up to each person who has such a site to keep it up to date.
>  Unfortunately, even the docs that come with crossfire are out of date, so how
> up to date can you expect web pages (I was just looking through some of the
> docs, and the PlayerStats file doesn't have Pow mentioned for any of the
> classes).

I understand that.  But its something that I think needs to be done
anyway.  At least the dates can be changed.  Maybe its just me, but it
really does drive me nuts when I see old stuff.   And, as fun as it is to
just add new stuff to the game, we should (need) to document everything
so far.
Oh, and what the heck is "Pow"?

>  I am working on my own set of web pages that I will eventually put on a public
> site someplace.  These are mostly just html versions of existing docs.

This sounds great, I look forward to seeing it.  Are you doing the html
conversion by hand or did ya find a text formatting program that does the
job?

-Matt