Re: Runes and Disarm

> etc>But a rune of death will happily kill anyone (even the owner)
> etc>who steps on it, so far as I can remember.
> etc>

	Hmm. Well yes, but I would like to interject a proviso to that.
	Its important to note that deathstrike(), the fctn handling the
	attack for the death rune, uses the *overall* level of the
	defender to determine success. So, under the skills system,
	the owner of the rune *casts* it at their magician level, which
	will *always* be equal to or less than their players *overall*
	level. Therefore, I wouldnt think it very likely that a player
	could kill themselves by casting rune of death (at least until
	things are changed...)

> If you actually use the skill the disarm spell isn't a skill
> it's a cheap way to get crap loads of experience without any risk
> whatsoever, basically it sucks.

	Hmm, I havent tried this myself, but how much is "crap loads"?
	Please be more specific. I wasnt aware that this spell gave
	out xp. I think its appropriate, but this should be incorporated
	into the central exp scheme (at least when the skills are enabled,
	calc_skill_exp() should be called).

> However to the programmer of the spell of disarm it is a crock
> [snip]

	Well, I am not the programmer of this spell, but I would like
	to request that you please be a bit less offensive and as well
	less ignorant.

	Understand that crossfire is *not* a polished product. Therefore
	it is not unusual that loopholes like this can still pop up from
	time to time. Perhaps the programmer of the spell is not the one
	at fault, recently, for example, I re-wrote a large chunk of the
	experience system, it just might be that *I* screwed it up. Until
	you understand the code, its hard to say what might be wrong, so
	please be a little kinder with your comments.

						Regards,

						b.t.