Re: Runes and Disarm

> I know someone who tried the idea of giving a spellbook
> of rune of death to an angel.
>
> It made it heaps easy to get to some outrageous level
> and according to them it was perfectly safe since
> detonating the runes didn't even do anything, steping
> on them didn't seem to cause any harm to the player.

If you're patient enough, you can get an infinite amount of
experience with no risk in many ways.  It sounds like
this guy must have spent many hours doing this.

At any rate, the amount of experience should depend on
the relative level of the rune and the player.

Runes inherit the level of the caster, and a Rune of Death
won't hurt someone with a higher level than the rune.

But a rune of death will happily kill anyone (even the owner)
who steps on it, so far as I can remember.

> This is one of the reasons I think the disarm spell
> shouldn't give any experience for actually disarming
> the rune. It should only give a little for actually casting
> it.

I disagree.  The amount of experience granted should depend on
the relative level of the rune and the player.  For exercising
a skill, you should get experience.  You should get a trivial
amount of experience from disarming a trivial trap, however.

Regards,

PeterM