Re: Call me crazy but...

etc>
etc>On Mon, 18 Dec 1995, Richard Murray wrote:
etc>
etc>> (ignoring echoing 'you're crazy' cries)
etc>>
etc>> Playing around with making a unique and playable world on my machine
etc>> here, and was playing with the idea of having secret areas that are
etc>> totally inaccessible to anyone not holding a specially created unique
etc>> item... ie a wizard's room to store things, etc ... nothing fancy really.
etc>>

in the source dist there is a doc dir, the crossfire.doc playerStats and
a few other files in there document what most of the arch variables do.

etc>> But this lead to a question: item types, etc... don't have cross loaded
etc>> up so I can't remember the specifics - anyways, is there ANY kind of
etc>> documentation of these seemingly mystical numbers for attributes?  Or is
etc>> it all kinda a master/apprentice thing where I would have to study for
etc>> years to discover how?

etc>> Another thing I was trying was to make it look like a tree, sound like a
etc>> tree, taste like a tree, but when applied it would work like a teleport.
etc>> Yes, I know an invis exit would work, but with just one object is what
etc>> I've been playing with.
etc>>
etc>> Ideas?  Suggestions?
etc>
etc>checkout whatm is type of exit, then get a tree to the map,
etc>change the type of tree to the exit and there it is.
etc>
etc>as I know there is no documentation of types itself (but source
etc>code as always). Best use I have found is to check the type
etc>some existing object that behaves somewhat that I need, and the
etc>apply same type.
etc>

Better to just change the face of the object, I tried doing it this way
as well and had some trouble with objects that produce things and do
things and are linked to things. changing the face is much easier.

On this subject is there a way to make a stone block that looks like
any type of wall that dissappears. My problem is that the block goes
down and changes image and then when it comes up again it has the
standard stoneblock image. I was hoping to make a maze that changes
as you move through it, but to do this it looks like I'll have to employ
holes or exits and change to a slightly different map.

adios