Server List?? and questions

Hello! I've just started playing Crossfire. I have a few questions. I
have a server list dated 6/16/95 Only 2 of the servers on the list
seem to be active.  The one at Berkeley seems to crash alot :(  any
ideas?? also does anyone know of other servers??  Are there any tips
for weapon selection??  I seem to have good success with the Large
Morningstar..but havent been able to locate a magical one..So I miss
more often than hit!  How does one drop a specific amount of gold??
say 20 instead of the entire amount.  Im also curious how one obtains
decent protection from Fire and Cold?? are they're Robes or special
Scales that help protect against these spells?

Thanks!

-Alexis