Re: Skills hack

	Hi again,

>  The fireborn, quetzalcouatl and wraith are quite unique, just as they get
> some penalties or bonuses (like immunities or vulnerabilities.)
>
>  I think the problem is that there are 12 'normal' classes.  While there are
> a lot more than 12 permutations that can be done on the 6 stats, it would
> probably be hard to justify more than about 6 different classes - after that
> they do start becoming pretty similar.

	I agree with this totally. My efforts are directed towards
	distinquishing the 'fighter' classes from one another. I
	never thought about giving the 3 'special creature' character
	races any skills.

	At the risk of getting carried away with this, I am working on
	some other skills:

		-Jumping (character 'skips' forward 1-2 squares,
			  dependant on str/weight carried)

		-Throwing (rocks for now, items later?? -- damage
			  inflicted calculated based on weight of
			  object thrown, and character strength--
			  This could be a real bugaboo however.
			  not all objects go 'thud' when they hit
			  something - ex. potions. They should
			  immediately effect the target if they
			  break. *sigh*, this might take a while
			  to get right.)

		Rhetoric - pacify hostile creatures of lower level
			  (depends on player level, map difficulty,
			   and player/monster stats). Ideally, you
			   should be able to 'calm' a creature down
			   1)who can understand you 2) you havent
			   attacked - ie no endless cycle of attack,
			   pacify, attack, pacify, etc.. until the
			   happless creature dies ... Probably need
			   to find a monster flag to set to prevent
			   this ...)

	If there is interest - I will release these too.

	BTW, a (minor philosophical) question I have had a while --
	both the quetzalcouatl and wraith seem to have monster equivalents,
	why arent there any 'monster' fireborns??
	+++> Also, why don't the special creature classes find other
	monsters of same type hostile (ie 'player' wraiths must fight all
	'monster' wraiths). Gee, I guess they ('player' creatures) must
	all be renegades .. :)

							b.t.