Re: Scale

>somehow (see below).  I think this would make crossfire seem more "natural"
>(as opposed to "realistic", which no D&D-style game could ever hope to be).

As has been pointed out to me by a guy I work with on a particular
mud, realism should not be used in the context of comparing your gaming
environment to the world out here that we operate in. It should be used
in the sense of testing your game for internal consistency. Do the classes
make sense in respect to the other classes? Do the abilities of the players
make sense in respect to the demands of the game? Etc.

Just an idea to toss out . . . .

--brett