Re: Nine Gates of Hell

> My question has to deal with Gate 6 in particular, and is there an
> "easier" way of getting rid of the Electric Dragon in that maze.  It has
> killed me time and time again, and i'm at the point of pulling my hair out.
> I've tried to polymorph him into something else and it keeps failing.  I'm
> at a loss ...

Well, fireballs (or any fire weapons for that matter) are effective
against electric dragons.  Two or three large fireballs should do it,
I think.  Now that I've finally got a good weapon (Bonecrusher+25, 168
dam, wc -74), even most electricity-wielding monsters are no problem.
Also, the helm of Uriel (Pro: electricity) and Polished Shield
(reflects spells if you're not moving, including lightning) help too.

Besides, you don't actually have to kill that dragon, if your guy is
fast enough.

The hardest one is Jessy, but as someone pointed out, there is a
"JessyHammer" on the second level of the tower in the SW corner of
Brest (the one you have to pay to get into, called Ludo's tower?).  It
gives electrical attack and immunity to acid, among other things.  The
trick I use is to amass a number of healing potions.  Then I just keep
attacking Jessy with the JessyHammer and use the mouse to drink a
healing potion while my hp gets low.  It takes me about 15 seconds
(and a few healing potions) or so.  Of course, having immunity to
fire, cold, and physical also makes the difference.  When he can only
attack with electricity, you can get a lot of good hits on him before
you have to heal youself.  Someone else suggested using Runes of
Death, but that doesn't work for those who have "God" as their chosen
deity (in Brain Thomas's new gods patches), since followers of "God"
are path_denied death magic.

-Michael