Re: improvement scrolls

> frits@chemde4.leidenuniv.nl (Frits Daalmans) writes:
>
> Since I was not very pleased noticing that weapon improvement has been
> severely crippled, I have added a couple of spiffy new scrolls in
> server/apply.c in the new improvement code, and a couple of archetypes
> for them too.
> They provide for enchanting weapons to be protected from certain attacktypes,
> or branded with them, etc.
> [snip] (specifics deleted)

	Overall, I think the enchanting of weapons throws off
	game balance. Consider that now, a 20 level character
	can have a +4 weapon that delivers 100+ points of damage
	w/ every hit! :P

	My opinion is that enchanting weapons (like above or better)
 	should be:

		1) harder to enchant,
		2) never create weapons better than
		"unique" artifacts, or difficult quest items!

	I am not opposed to having more functionality in the game
	(heh, I remember one person stated here that there were
	"too many spells already in the game". Never!). But I think
	your improvement will just carry on a trend -- namely to
	unbalance the game more. Someone should revise the enchanting
	weapons code to make it more balanced IMHO.

						b.t.