improvement scrolls

Since I was not very pleased noticing that weapon improvement has been
severely crippled, I have added a couple of spiffy new scrolls in
server/apply.c in the new improvement code, and a couple of archetypes
for them too.
They provide for enchanting weapons to be protected from certain attacktypes,
or branded with them, etc.

Now before you call me a "cheater" or whatever, about game balance:
- each protection is offset by a vulnerability; so if you apply all of the
cold resistance scrolls, you suddenly find yourself vulnerable to fire and
path_denied :-)
- *artifact weapons* must be sacrificed for the scroll to work
e.g. lightning immunity would cost you only 5 mjoellnirs (now where to get
5 mjoellnirs?? :-)
- as long as they don't appear in the treasures file, they don't appear
  in the game at all except explicitly (i.e. as high-level quest items)

Do you think this is a nice idea?
Otherwise, I'll just use them myself at home :-)

BTW the version 0.92.0 is great! very nice that it doesn't crash anymore
on the skills code and that alchemy works again :-)
This skill code adds a lot to the game IMHO.
BTW 2: There seemed to be some bug in 0.91.8 with polymorph code, does
anybody know whether this is fixed yet?

Greetings, and back to work now,
Frits
Solitary single-user only-at-home crossfire player/programmer (a bit)

Frits Daalmans
OIO Conformational Analysis
Gorlaeus Laboratoria
Leiden, The Netherlands