Re: CF: stat raising potions

On Aug 15,  1:00am, Raphael.Quinet@eed.ericsson.se wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: stat raising potions
> On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Florian Beck <fb@ue801di.lrz-muenchen.de> wrote:
> > Brian Thomas wrote:
> > >       Hmm. Did the value of these change in 0.92.5? I find
> > >       that my 18 cha wizard can now buy them for around 200-300
> > >       platinum! THis is a HUGE change in playbalance. I would
> > >       vote for changing this back to the old levels.
> >
> > My monk (10 cha) needs 1700-1800 platinum (1400-1500 with bargaining).
> > My mage (18 cha) needs 1300-1400 platinum (700-800 with bargaining).
> > (That is, with power and consitution potions.)
>
> Well, it looks like there is a bug in the game, because I also get
> cheap items (I tried that with several character classes, the cha 26
> stats are obtained by wearing items that increase the charisma):

 This is a bit curious.  I am wondering if there are any patches that maybe
both of you (Biran and Raphael) might have applied that are messing with this?
 Updated archetypes, or some other change that could affect this?

> By the way, I made a funny discovery: the weapon class is coded on a
> signed char (one byte).  I managed to have it wrap around.  ;-)  I
> have a level 110 mage (level 96 in physique skills) which has a wc of
> -111.  If I get a blessing from God, my abilities are increased, with
> the unexpected side effect of having the wc changed to +127 (which
> should be -129).  Needless to say, it becomes a bit hard to hit
> monsters... (although I can still kill some of them, thanks to dam
> 150).

 It could easily be increased to a larger value (or during the assignment,
which is probably calculated in an int, check its value.)

 It sounds like you might also be using the old weapon improvement code?  Or
did you just maximize a weapon's damage, without much else.

--
 --Mark