Re: CF: Question about cast_spell()

> From: Raphael writes:
>
> So I would like to know when the "temporary object" stuff was added in
> cast_spell() and if its only purpose is to adjust the caster's level
> to that of the scroll, rod or wand.  Is the author of that code
> reading this?

	Well, Im not the authour of this code. My impression from
	email with Mark a while back suggested that it is fairly
	old; ie predates 0.92.2. But perhaps this is wrong?

	I have traced the problems with the spell-experience
	problem to somewhere in the interaction of set_owner
	with the spellcasting object. Its pretty icky, and I am
	not 100% to finding a solution to this (hence my long
	delay in getting a patch for this bad bug).

	I would love to hear from the authour also about how the
	spellcasting object is supposed to work.

						-b.t.