Re: CF: Experience awards with skills, map design

I know that developers don't have time to play the game - I'm
developing a MUD myself - and so they don't know all the cheats.

But it's a great game, and finding cheats is especially fun!
I will report the cheats I find, it will be fun to try to find
more of them in next version :)

> 	As for specific examples:
> > > Stealing skill gives far too easy experience. Go to Jessy (9th level
> > > of Hell at Brest for example) and steal from it, you'll be at level
> > > 110 in no time.
> 	Hmm. In this case the Jessy should be *attacking* the stealer!

He _is_! However, if one has Ring of Life, he doesn't actually do
much damage.

(Ring of Life is a _must_ when playing - possibly there are other items
but that is the easiest to find. Never mind Grimreapers any more if
you got that! Experience drain sucks. I believe it was not even possible
to restore? If it was so, something should be done to it...)

Anyway, back to Jessy. Acid protection helps too, but it is not absolutely
neccessary. I think acid code is not yet as it should to be, because
only a helmet I'm wearing gets corroded. Just carry a spare helmet and
no problem. Weapons seem to be ruined too, but one does not have to
wield one and can also stuff them into cauldron to protect them.

> 	How do you get so close with out being hit? Jessy should be
> 	throwing lots of nasty spells too! Id imagine any potential

That is another feature. With those big monsters, if you stand at
the correct locations, the monster doesn't somehow detect you at
all and does not throw any spells!!!

Of course, I first sing to Jessy and calm him (he is not actually
calmed though). Would gain singing exp but it already is at maximum :)...

Ah, one thing about that singing, one can sing many times to big
monsters and get the "Xxxx is calmed.", and experience. Does it
calm all the "squares" of a big monster, piece by piece :)? Haven't
yet read the sources that much...

> 	theif will have to be at least 25 level to even attempt this.
> 	One possible (code) fix -- make it more difficult to steal.
> 	Therefore you will have to stand next to the victim longer.

Perhaps a little longer, but not much, especially if big monster
spells and acid are fixed (*shiver*)!

>>It is also very easy to gain a lot of exp by using the oratory skill.
>>Castle guards are a good targets for low level players because they
>>will not attack you immediately.
>...But how do you use the guards to
> 	get mondo experience? What do you kill with them???

I believe he meant that just using the oratory skill gives the
(personality) experience with those guards. No need to kill with them...

> 	I have, and continue to consider playbalance in my coding efforts.
> 	Please keep posting examples of out-of-wack stuff to the
> 	list so that they may be addressed!

Well, there is one "minor" thing:  the Cauldron.

Weight is 80. But that's nothing, because an INFINITE amount of stuff
can be inserted into it.

*** AND, IT STILL WEIGHS 80 ALL THE TIME!!! ***

There is also "Cauldron of Holding", but it doesn't seem to do
anything more (what more could it do anyway :).