Re: CF: experience bug in .92.5 (and .4)

Hmm. I haven't noticed that in 0.92.4 OR 0.92.5
But.. I am not using the client/server code; I run single-user
(SERVER commented out, even) at home. So maybe, that's where the problem is.

Two other things:

I did notice a slightly annoying buglet that I could not seem to get
any experience at all for the "sense curse" skill (while I could with
"sense magic"; i play a mage) so I changed the code so that it will give
at least 1 exp for successfully detecting a cursed item.
(Hey, 1 exp is not too much, is it? :-))

One annoying bug that was still in 0.92.5 even though the code had
changed was in lookup_skill_by_name(); I'll send my patch if you like;
It was, basically, impossible to use "sense curse" skill because it was
later in the list than "sense magic", and had 2 words in it.

BTW: thanks for the great game, all,
and thanks Brian for the alchemy patch :-)
(now all I have to do is find a cauldron)

Bye,
Frits

Frits Daalmans
OIO Conformational Analysis