Re: CF: RUN+FIRE lock bug

>I've come across the following bug quite often - sometimes when you
>move focus off the crossfire window then back on again your character
>suddenly has RUN+FIRE on-something which i've found difficult to switch
>off (sometimes switching between skills seems to fix it). This is extremely
>annoying, and if you've got something like a lightning rod activated,
>extremely deadly. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix that?

I haven't seen this exactly, but under this latest version of CF I have on
occasion found myself with the RUN (ctrl) key locked, so pressing any
direction key suddenly becomes run-until-you-hit-something-solid. In my case,
deliberately activating and releasing RUN+AnyDirectionKey clears it up.

Dunno if it's the mouse focus that's doing it; I'll try to pay more
attention next time it happens.

(CF 0.92.7, no patches, running on SGI IRIX 5.3)

--
John R. Murray murray@indigo2.scri.fsu.edu     http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~murray/
FSU Aikido Club/North Florida Aikikai       home of Miko's Aikido MPEGs and the