Re: CF: map development? (light/darkness!)

	Hi Peter!

> From: Peter Mardahl writes:
>
> Has anyone been creating maps?  I looked again
> at the world and I haven't really seen very many
> interesting new maps.  I glanced briefly at
> Brian Thomas' maps using the editor, but was
> unable to determine whether they were actually linked in
> or not.

	Oh, I submitted the valley of the sisters quest
	to Mark..a glitch in the map connections should
	be cleared up in 0.92.7. As I informed Mark,
	my other (copious) maps are'nt really ready
	for prime-time. I seem to spend most of my time
	hacking on the server.... :)

	Some new maps (which I think are good)
	include Kundi's Lake_country, but even these
	(on the berkeley server) are about 1 yr old.
	Kundi does some interesting things with the
	map mechanics, which I highly recogmend taking
	a look at.

> I don't have much of a feel for the game, so I don't
> want to start making new maps yet.  (f
> er, feel for the game after the many changes over the last
> year or so).

	I would very much like to see more of your maps!
	One new thing which I think would add nice dimension
	to maps is the lighting code.

	I submitted some modified maps that use this (err...
	one of the sets was your dragon quest maps, please
	take a look at them! I didnt want any of the map
	authours to get upset by outside people playing with
	them...). it is fairly easy to add light-dark spaces
	to any map. It can improve the play of the map alot
	if done well.

	Anyway, nice to hear from you! Hope to see some more
	of your quality maps soon!

					-b.t.