Re: CF: pits bug

On Sun, Nov 02, 1997 at 09:44:51PM -0400, Preston F. Crow wrote:
> I was then able to pick up the pit.

I've seen a similar problem: When I stepped onto a closed pit, I could
pick it up as well. You can also cast an alchemy spell next to it.
But you don't get any gold out of it because it is only worth 2
silver coins.

> A quick fix is to grep through the map files to find all of the pits
> that can be picked up and make them unpickupable.

Isn't it better to change the archetype?

> A better solution is to trigger a re-evaluation of the current square
> when levitation ceases.

Doesn't fix the problem, but it's a good idea anyway.

--
Jan