Re: CF: Artefakts

>I suggest that a player's inventory be divided into two subtypes of
>'prepared' and 'stored'.  A player may have only a few prepared items of
>each type (4 weapons, 5 rings, couple of scrolls, 1 of armour types (boots,
>armour, helm, gloves, etc).  The advantage of a prepared item is that
>it can be switched instantly.  All other items would be considered stored
>which means it takes several movement turns to access them.

Ugh!
Yuck!
Yet another place where playability should TAKE PRECEDENCE over
realism.

Oh what a horrible hassle!  I *hate* messing with my inventory.
I certainly don't want to be forced to mess with it MORE.  And
I really have no fun waiting around twiddling my thumbs while something
times out, like a delay for putting stuff on.

Such a delay barely affects play balance:  I always go somewhere
safe to mess with my inventory anyway.  I can argue that the inventory
window already implements your idea of 'prepared' and 'stored'.  Anything
not part of the limited set which is displayed must be searched for,
or "prepared".

PeterM