CF: troubles with the new client..

	Does anyone else use the X11 new client? Ive had a number
	of problems (is this client in alpha or beta? I forget...).
	Ive tested running it on 0.93.3 and 0.93.5 on a SunOs (4.1.3)
	Sparc 20 and get both of the following effects:

	1) Can't get it to run in XPM mode! I get version
	   verification, get added but then the client either
	   can't write to a tmp file(!, plentyo disk space),
	   or chokes on an oversize packet right when I am
	   supposed to enter my name. I changed the x11.c file
	   so that the InfoData structure had all fields
	   signed and forced a signed comparison on line
	   1072 (and another, I forget..) and I removed the
	   abort call on line ??? in client.c. After this, I
	   could get further (I passed name/password entry) but
	   the map still isnt drawn.

	2) Playing under -pix (bitmap) option works. But I notice
	   lots of ReadPacket errors ("Operation would block").
	   Is this typical for a tcp socket? Also, I see that
	   after learning to read a spellbook, the pixmap from
  	   of that book inventory doesnt disappear as it should
	   (and I cant rotate the inventory either :<). I can still
	   drop objects and the 'invenory command indicates that
	   I dont really have the spellbook anymore.

	Oh yeah, Im using xpm-3.4j lib and compiled w/ gcc. Any
	ideas?

						-b.t.