Re: CF: Changes?

In article <199709120857.EAA00443@xplorer.gsfc.nasa.gov>, you wrote:
>> * add a file with list of dm character names (ie. who can DM, instead of
>>   a password) What should this file be? Should it replace the old dm_file
>>   or should it be a different "Admins" file?
>
>	Im not sure why we need a list of characters (as well as) players
>	who can/cant be dm. I think its enough to require a password,
>	login name, etc as currently do.

Login name = insecure, users did "telnet localhost 13326" "name DMname"
"add :0.0" and that was it :(

Password is bad, since others can come behind your back and see what you
write. I've never used the host field, it's no use here since we're all on
the same LAN. The character list just is the most appropriate thing to
do..

>       IF you really want to add
>	in character limitation, put it in dm_file. There are getting to
>	be too many files in /lib as there is..

Ok. Then the dm_file will look something like:

loginname:password:host:charname:flags_what_can_do