Re: CF: Alchemy idea

In article <199709121719.KAA18367@landau.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>, you wrote:
>Alchemy IS useful.  Alchemical dusts, etc. don't hit with AT_MAGIC (
>except the new chaotic effect dust).

They don't? Well, still I think it would be nice if you could create some
kind of weapon improvement water etc. with alchemy instead of the current
weapon system. The cost of improving weapons shouldn't be any lower, of
course, but it would be nice if you would need to collect some funny
things such as xan's wings. That way very much improved weapons wouldn't
be so common, now ~30-40lvl people just sell most artifact weapons because
they have something enchanted a lot.
Hmm, is the can-improve-bonecrusher bug fixed already?

Btw, what's the rationale for the "weapon wold consume your soul"? IMHO,
improving the weapons should need that much money/anything that you would
need to be highbie to improve it, and wouldn't need to be a highbie to
*wield* it! It's not nice that when you die you can't wear your weapon
anymore..

>You can get a few fire-related recipes from the new FireTemple map,
>which has taken the location of the volcano on the lower-right of
>the Scorn continent.

Yes, I know the place..