CF: stats bug (potions)

I reported earlier about a problem with my character's stats.  When I died,
I was unable to improve my stats back to where they were with the potions
that I had.  It turns out that it had nothing to do with my character.
Instead,
the potions that I had saved up had somehow lost their plus.  The solution was
to buy another potion of the same type, and then move the old potions from
their
container into my inventory, causing them to merge.  In the past, I had been
merging them the other way, causing new potions to take on the properties of
the old ones.

So while I don't know why my potions lost their plus, this is another case
where I've had two not-quite-identical items merge.

--PC