Re: CF: pixmaps under players' feet

    On Sep 30,  2:09am, Philip Brown wrote:
    > Subject: CF: pixmaps under players' feet
    > While fiddling around with a java client, it came to my attention that
    > I don't like the way the pixmaps under your own character are handled.
    >
    > Specifically, if you are in the town, and standing "on" a shop, it doesn't
    > look very nice to suddenly see a corner of the shop disappear, to be
    > replaced with "grass", or whatever, and your player.

     If you compile with the DOUBLE_FLOOR option (I think that is the define),
    then it is displayed properly.
     A lot of this has to do with the redraw logic.  At current time, there
    is an array for each level (up to 3 of these arrays) which stores how
    we last draw/sent the image at that layer on that space.

     The current logic is we take the topmost floor, object with highest
    visiblity, and then the topmost object.  I believe at current time, all
    objects with visiblity are non changing.

and a shop is neither the "topmost floor", nor "highest visibility," nor
"topmost object?"?

I can see the "player" counting as one of those, I supose.
The grass will be the "topmost floor".
But you should be able to squeeze in the shop as the "third" ?

[I didn't quite understand the last sentance about "objects with visibility"]