Re: CF: client woes! and mroe

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Juha Leskel{ <jussa@vlad.cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> I wonder what are the platforms and operating systems cfclient has
> been compiled and tested to work properly? I got it to work on a
> Sun ss2 with Linux (Redhat, uname -a gives:
>
> Linux pommac 2.0.35 #1 Wed Jul 15 20:36:31 EET DST 1998 sparc unknown),
>
> but not with HP 715/50 with HP-UX 10.20. I haven't tried to compile it
> on any other platform/OS.

For me, it works fine under Linux-2.0.33/x86 and Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6.
The GTK client works also in both environments.

By the way (maybe Mark can answer this), I helped David Sundqvist a
bit for using GNU autoconf instead of the hand-written configuration
stuff for the GTK client.  Will the new Xlib client use autoconf too?
That would probably make it easier to port to exotic UNIX systems.  I
can provide some help if necessary.

-Raphael