Re: CF: client woes! and mroe

> Right now I can see just two problems with the server:
> a) filename handling needs to be #ifdef-ed

 And filename/directory names are hard coded to be seperated by / in many
places.  Don't know if that would cause a problem.

> b) some maps assume case-sensitive filenames

 I don't think this would be a problem - I don't think there are any maps which
have the same name but with different capitilzation.

> However, who knows what Unix-dependencies lurk inside...

 I would think the socket stuff could be a problem (should be posix I guess).
 There is also the need for timing at least to the millisecond.  Beyond that,
there is nothing really strange about the code which I would expect it to
break.

 As for mac/pc support, Phil Brown did a java port.  Probably a little out of
date now.  I have just now sent him mail inquiring him on its availability in
source form.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com