CF: bracers ac+1?

I've noticed this in 0.95.0 and 0.95.1 (I haven't played earlier
versions, so maybe before too): when I identify a normal set of
bracers it says that they give (ac+1). But when I wear them I do not
see any change in my AC, ever. All the bracers I had (mis)behaved this
way. Is this a bug or is there some reason for this?

--
                                                         Maciej Kalisiak
He who laughs last thinks slowest!                   mac@dgp.utoronto.ca