Re: CF: FBBB v1.01 is now up

[ from Scott Wedel ]

> > - black (or brown???) puddings (acid)
> > - grimreapers (draining --- kill them with magic bullets)
> >
> > Don't let these monsters touch you, ever! Grimreapsers are no problem
> > once you have a ring of Life; acid stuff is more dangerous since you
> > have to be both immune and protected acid to protect your equipment.
> > No newbie item grants immune acid.
>
> I do not think a newbie guide should include stuff like the above.
> A newbie guide should include all that which a resident of the world
> would know, but a player might not know.  It should not include info
> which is learned only by significant adventuring.  It is reasonable to
> assume that newbie adventuring info is common knowledge and hence belongs
> as part of the guide.

	To soem degree I must agree.  A specific kill them with magic
bullet may be a bit much.  However you're runnign into another play
ability issue to.  If I have to try combinations of 20 weapons and tactics
to discover how to do somethign I'm very likely to get bored frustrated
and quit.  Unfortunately, Grimreapers and creatures that drain and do
stat damage are rather unfortunately plentiful or easier areas with good
directions for newbies like myself are harder to come by.  There needs
to be some effort to make the basics of the game fairly easy to pick up
and a lot to do with the basics.  It's very hard for me to find a natural
progression in Crossfire.  Often I discover areas are for a level advanced
beyond mine by going there and learning the hard way.  I guess I'm griping
a bit much but for crossfire to become as popular as I think it shoudl be
it need to be easy to start hard to master.  There are a few other things
that need to happen but to get people interested that seems the minimum.