Re: CF: FBBB v1.01 is now up

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| On Dec 6, 10:03pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > Ok. But what is the use of a ``cloak''. It don't change any stats
| > and I have not seen any `un-usual cloaks'.
|
|  Magic cloaks are quite rare.  There are some uncommon ones which just
| give bonus to AC, and some that are quite rare that give protections/
| immunities.
|
|  The reason that the standard cloaks don't give protection goes back
| to play balance (same applies for boots I will note).  As the game
| has progressed, more new types of armor have been added (cloaks one,
| high availability of boots another).  If the standard versions of
| these gave out AC points, characters would get 3 or 4 more AC points
| than much of the stuff was originally designed for.  So instead,
| normal ones were added that give no benefits.

My question is do they have any other use at all.
I would think (but don't know) that a cloak could protect you
from rust effects (acid blobs etc) simular to gauntlets.
This is the case in Nethack, and very usefull it is. Other wise
a cloak there is also of very little protection.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    May a thousand camels spit in your keyboard!
                                         -- Anthony Thyssen (no offence)
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au