Re: CF: how's "chance of learn skill" calculated

Anthony Thyssen (anthony@cit.gu.edu.au) wrote:

> What I am really hating in the number of junk and usless scrolls which
> are so expensive (more than some spells) in the magic shops.

Don't expect a "user manual" with every scroll. This is still a
roleplaying game --- explore the world.

> On another matter. What is the goal of the Under city. Using maps I
> painstakingly generated years ago I breezed though it, Grabed the crown,
> which is not worth very much or seems to be any use, you can't wear it
> for example.  Then ran for my life as I accidently let out
> a rust monster...

Again, don't expect a sign telling you what to do in each map.
As far as the old city goes: this is a quest. Nothing useful to be
gained, though.

If you have problems with this, try an action game :-) And don't even
consider doing pupland --- it's full of puzzles, and no user manuals.

>   If you only have a spell point max of 2 (I=14) and a talisman, what
>      spell can I actually cast to get experience? I have learnt quite
>      a few first level spells (all I can find) but can't actually cast
>      any of them!

Magic bullet. Also, intelligence does not determine mana. Power is
important for that.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber